RCU Forums - View Single Post - FEJ 1/5,5 scale stabilator help required
Old 03-18-2010, 05:50 PM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: FEJ 1/5,5 scale stabilator help required

I have just cross checked the computations with the graphic method as well and it is right. So my spreadsheets works in all the cases.

What we have here is a quite different case from the JL one.

The pivot of the F-20 locates at 30% of MAC ( apparently, I have not checked it but other have). This is way too far from the 25% neutral limit.

Here we have a pivot point that is slightly on the unstable side. I believe that it will be fine provided that you guys make sure that THERE IS NO SLOP IN THE CONTROL.
The best thing here I believe to get rid of the brass tube slop is to insert as much thick grease as possible in there and to control the slop after each flight. Also liaise with Kevin to make sure that your setup is the same as his since he has proven 20 subsequent event free flights. Others like Brosi in Germany have done it as well.

I think as a general comment that it is really time for the manufacturer to think about what they are doing in terms of aerodynamics and aerostructures. With the way the Civil Aviation Authorities are looking at us in Europe and USA it is really time for the manufacturers to step up a little bit.

Thank you everyone for your help on that matter. Thank you Kevin for your feedback as well.