RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA District X Special Election
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 09:35 AM
ltougas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA District X Special Election

I definitely do not begrudge the AMA from establishing our Headquarters in Muncie. I've been there and its a jewel. I spent most of a day in the museum. If you ever get a chance to go there you should. My issue is that it does not serve District X members well due to the long distances involved. I'm sure that is the case for other Districts too. I feel that there is not enough of our dues spent directly in our District. This is one way to address that. As far as where to locate it I am open to all suggestions, I am on the record from last year with the following,

"I would leave that (location of flying site) to a work group of District X members to consider the issue. That being said I would imagine that factors such as the geographic, and population centers of the district along with the price of land, and proximity of commercial air service, and accommodations would all be factors."

Finally to address the comment that it was tried before and failed. I just don't understand the thinking behind that. It was a good idea then and its still a good idea. What if every large goal was abandoned after one failure. What would the Wright Brothers, Charles Lindbergh, and Neil Armstrong's place in history be if they listened to those who told them its been tried before and didn't work. I think we should have a healthy disregard for the impossible. Its the only way great things occur.

Lawrence Tougas
AMA 232
Candidate for AMA District X Vice President

http://ama-district-x-election.blogspot.com/