View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 08:45 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: AMA District X Special Election

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

anyone who thinks that the $17,000 budget is a lot of money really has no clue what it takes to cover and represent a District this large, both in members and in geographic size.
Well, why don't you take this opportunity to tell us why it is necessary for DVPs and AVPs to physically travel the district.

What official AMA business is there that so urgently requires your physical presense?

Let's be honest.
Well, OK, Most recently I've gone to events/meetings at the request of the club to explain status of S-UCAS work being done by AMA, explain proceedures for selecting new District representation upon the death of the incumbent and to present Fellow and Hall of Fame awards.
As Bill has stated, I've not requested nor been reimbursed for any of my travel.

I have on occassion spent Dist X budget money to set-up a booth at events, postal costs for paperwork clubs and members needed to satisfy property owners and local government officials and when I've represented AMA to local government/property owners trying to get or retain flying sites.