RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aeolian 910KV Motor
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 04:42 PM
davisf
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aeolian 910KV Motor

Hi: I wanted to add my 2 cents to anyone that will listen! In a nutshell; Stare clear of these cheap, garbage motors. I know that not all are created equal. I have a 500kv that is supposed to be a .90 nitro equivilent. I bought it from e-bay, waited 6 weeks to get it. Filed conplaints with everyone, they refused to refund the money even though they SAID it was lost (twice). It did fiinally show up on my door step. THREE FLIGHTS and the magnets slipped and trashed the motor. So, under warrenty (from China) they refused to send me a replacement because it was "my fault." They finally agreed to SELL me a replacement at cost. So I bought the replacement. I have never crashed the plane or had so much as prop strike. Today, after about the 9th flight, the motor seized on take off. Yep, the magnets came loose. If you have one of these , do yourself a favor and reglue the magnets. If you don't have one...DON"T BUY ONE. Garbage like this needs to self destruct. Thanks Davis
PS: I am NOT going to try to get another one even though this one is STILL under warrenty. The plane means more to me then 20 bucks.