RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA District X Special Election
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AMA District X Special Election

ORIGINAL: Silent-AV8R

How so?? My point is that the circumstances do the loss of the first District site have changed the game when it comes to a new one. The AMA EC will look at the financial investments not to mention the time required and so on. And based on the previous experience is very unlikely to approve this concept.

It's called ''learning from the past''. You have no doubt heard the quote ''Those that ignore the past are doomed to repeat it''?

I have no problem with those statements.

15 years ago, a club was losing its site. 14 years ago someone stepped up, bought 100 acres of prime flat farmland and proceeded to allow the club to start out building a flying site. 2 years later the club bought 30 of those acres at same price the benefactor paid for it.
7 years later the club received a number of new members. Within a year later they got themselves voted onto the Board. Under applied pressure from the benefactor the club purchased an additional 30 acres, and changed to another banker.
Now some 5+/- years later the club is on a downhill slide in reference to administration, safety, overall efficiency and memberhip.

I would expect the same from any special flying site that AMA had a hand in. It is not the responsibility of the entire AMA membership to be responsible for the administration, costs, maintenance and overall expenses of some distant flying site. If D-X wants a District flying site, let THEM do it.

I've made my contribution to flying sites. [sm=48_48.gif]