RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whats The Right Servo?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 11:48 PM
Carpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats The Right Servo?

ORIGINAL: skysfallin

I was looking at my gas plane running the other day with the canopy off and realizing (watching) what a beating the throttle servo was taking with vibration. The plane is new and only ten flights on it but I can't imagine that servo is going to last too much longer. It's a Futaba3004 standard servo. So I would like to upgrade that servo before it lets me down and was looking for some suggestions on which one to replace it with. All of the other servos in the plane are HiTec 7985 digitals. I don't have a lot of experience in gassers, this being my first one, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I have had great luck with metal gear servos and before that great luck with nylon gear servos, avoid karbonite gears for anything on a gas plane. I have some older nylon gear (white plastic) standard servos in a smaller gas plane that have at least 125 flights and they hold up nice.

I did try a servo with a karbonite gear train once and the vibration took out the gears before I even flew it.