RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA District X Special Election
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 08:37 AM
ltougas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA District X Special Election

Bill,
I also spoke with EC members at Ontario and got just the opposite response. They were attentive and open to the idea and willing to consider it. I understand that you don't support it for the reasons you've stated, that's fine. We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this subject.

There are 28,000 members in D10 that pay $1,500,000 a year in dues. If the sample of people I spoke to over the last year is indicative of the District as a whole there is wide spread support. They want something they can point to that their dues provide them. A flying site within a 2 day drive of everyone in the continental portion of D10 can provide that to them. Imagine a field that is dedicated to hosting competitions. A field that could bring thousands of D10 members together for fly-ins and fun flies. A field where we could honor the modelers in D10 that have made great contributions to our sport.

I've been portrayed as both a pie-eyed optimist in this thread and unwilling to learn from the past. Both couldn't be further from the truth. I'm an Engineer and I believe a fairly pragmatic person. As far as learning from the past I do that all the time in all areas of my life. What I don't take away from the previous effort was that it failed therefore it will always fail. We look at why it failed and devise a plan to avoid the same pitfalls.

That is the kind of Vice President I will be for District X.

Lawrence Tougas
Candidate for AMA District X Vice President
http://ama-district-x-election.blogspot.com/