RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA District X Special Election
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA District X Special Election

ORIGINAL: ltougas

Mike,
I also spoke with EC members at Ontario and got just the opposite response. They were attentive and open to the idea and willing to consider it. I understand that you don't support it for the reasons you've stated, that's fine. We are just going to have to agree to disagree on this subject.
If you were addressing me, my name is Bill, and I agree, we will have to just let it lay with regard to whether or not we agree it is a good idea.

Imagine a field
Imagination is fine, but as always, the Devil is in the details. So let's say that conceptually the idea has merit, now let's look at the fine print.

How will it be funded? AMA National or private fundraising within the District?

Have you given any preliminary thought to possible locations? A 2-day drive covers a very large portion of the District. For instance San Diego to Logan, Utah is only a 13 hour drive (830 miles) and Eureka, CA to Tucson, AZ is right around 19 hours, putting it at about that 2-day number. Point being that in fact almost the entire District can be driven across in less than 2-days. So do you have maybe a somewhat more focused idea on where might be a good idea?

What type of organization do you see as required to acquire the site and then do the permitting, bidding, and construction management of the site?

Once built how will the site be maintained and by whom? Do you envision permanent staff, volunteers or a combination? Who will pay for that and how?

I know that you have said that you will put together a group to study these questions, but surely if this is a major theme for your campaign you have given it more thought than simply saying you will form a committee to study it. I am interested in how detailed your consideration has been to this particular point.

I am also curious if you have given consideration to seeing if you can access some of the AMA records relative to the process that was used the last time to see if there is anything useful there or if you feel it is better to start with a clean sheet of paper?