RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA District X Special Election
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 02:33 PM
ltougas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA District X Special Election

Imagination is fine...
I think it is much more than fine I think it is essential which I believe gets to the heart of our discussion. Imagination is what gets us thinking outside of the box. Its what causes to ask what might be, not what is sure to be. Nothing of great significance is accomplished by marginalizing imagination.

How will it be funded?
As I have said several times before I believe not enough of a District’s members dues are spent within the District so I would push for the project to be funded by the AMA.

Location?
When I said a 2 day drive I was referring to 6-8 hour days on the road. Maybe when I was 20 I could drive 19 hours at a stretch but not anymore.

…surely if this is a major theme for your campaign you have given it more thought than simply saying you will form a committee to study it.
I have and please don’t call me Shirley. Sorry I couldn’t resist. Part of being a leader is not being entirely autocratic. While I have some criteria I think should apply which I’ve listed previously as;

"I would leave that (location of flying site) to a work group of District X members to consider the issue. That being said I would imagine that factors such as the geographic, and population centers of the district along with the price of land, and proximity of commercial air service, and accommodations would all be factors."

I would add to that list a local city or county that wants us there. One that would welcome the revenue that a steady stream of AMA members would bring. I know you don’t like the idea of leaving it up to a small group to choose the site but I think it is essential.

What type of organization do you see as required to acquire the site and then do the permitting, bidding, and construction management of the site?
I think the Working Team that chooses location would also work on design and logistics.

I don’t think any of these issues are insurmountable. I believe we just have to decide that we want to do it and move forward.

So, if you are a District X member and like the idea of an AMA flying site in our District please vote for me.

Lawrence Tougas
AMA 232
Candidate for AMA District X Vice President

http://ama-district-x-election.blogspot.com/