RCU Forums - View Single Post - adjust the CG or trim
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Guzzi32
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: adjust the CG or trim

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Landeck, I’m balancing the plane upside down with the CG machine and I can get it to balance slightly nose heavy, but if the nose is one degree lower or if the tail is one degree lower ether end will drop like I’m 20 degrees from the point where I can balance the plane. I was making a huge mistake by assuming that a balance plane on the ground is almost a balance plane in the sky – lesson learned after reading everyone’s helpful replies. I also was wondering if this was due to having a full tank of fuel, but even when I was low on fuel the plane will still have the same flight characteristics. My first plane was a NexStar and second was a Pulse 60, both the ARFs were easy planes to balance and flew like they were balanced planes with very little trim needed when they were in the air. But this Fliton extra 330 is my first mid/symmetrical wing and my first plane that is a hybrid kit / ARF. After ready everyone replies I’m going to have one of the experience guys at my field perform some dives and have the plane tell us wear to adjust the CG.

Thanks again everyone,

-Greg