RCU Forums - View Single Post - correcting wing angle
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 05:50 PM
lejongleur
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: correcting wing angle

I'm not surprised that the plane will not behave well after a crash/rebuild, but unless you've changed everything radically, it should still be able to get off the ground - as your plane has nosewheel/tricycle gear, you should be able to rotate after picking up some speed, and the plane will lift off, no?

You might want to consider these other points:

1) Is the nosegear lower than it should be, relative to the main gear? This might allow the nose to point downward or inhibit an easy takeoff.

2) Did you install the two wing servos instead of just the one (it's a NextStar option)? If you did, are the ailerons set correctly, or are they angled up as airfoils?

3) If point 2) applies, did you program your radio to have flaperons, and are they set to be up under certain conditions? (e.g. full throttle).

4) What about the NACA droops, or the speed brakes? Are they having an effect?

Maybe none of the above apply, but they are worth a thought. I had a similar experience flying a profile Katana. I had program the flaperons to be up, neutral or down, and I did not notice that they were UP on takeoff. My Katana (tail dragger) scooted along the whole runway at great speed, without getting off the ground! It normally requires 3-4 feet to go vertical.

Hope this may help...Chris