View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 07:31 PM
rcpilot_971
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quique Somenzini YAK-54S 73

ORIGINAL: BBBlue

Sorry cant upload picts (hopeless)!
NO need for a glow driver. If u feel the need for a remote booster use it for your convenience - I dont (weight).
I balance mine at 178mm behind the leading edge measured at the root of the wing.
A bit tailheavy , I know (slight climb when inverted).

But.
Flies like a dream , effortless hover, perfectly level flat spins, less rudder at KE etc... No landing issues at all. It just flares by itshelf when at landing speed and touchdown. These come out of my own experience with the model. There is plenty of feedback on CG iside enen in this thread.
To balance at 178 I have built a small tray at the 2nd former behind the rudder servo out of scrap CF tube sliced and epoxied between the formers at the bottom on wich I cable tied my battery pack (Hyperion LiFe 2S - Flighteck 5A reg, to be safe). U have to cut the yellow covering undernetah to gain access- no big deal- the new patch is merely visible.
Put it on the GP balancer set at the desired length without the battery pack and u will find the sweet spot with the aid of the batterys weight.
Iknow 1picture is 1000 words but I gave my best effort to explain here.
I think I read that this plane needs nose weight I do have a saito 220 sitting hear 38oz W/out muff Im not sure if it would be to much for this plane I think it was turning 300RPM more than my saito 180 with a APC 18X6 wide

Tim