RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sky Scooter Pro II questions
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2003, 02:27 PM
erics1611

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sky Scooter Pro II questions

According to the Hitec website, they say "The Sky Scooter will fly in a breeze up to 10mph".
http://www.hitecrcd.com/Funtec/firstflight.htm

There is almost always a breeze blowing where I live, but I don't know how fast it is. It seems to do ok but does noticably slow down when going into the wind. Someone here recommended trying a slightly bigger prop, so I'm going to try the APC slo-flyer 10x7 and see how it goes.

As for comparing to other park flyers, I'm just getting back into flying and only have 1 other one the Wattage J-3 Cub (got it on sale at Hobby People). It flies ok, but its a fast flyer and there is no speed control (just on/off). Its also so light that a breeze tends to knock it around and makes flying it a little more "exciting", whereas the Scooter is much more stable in comparison.

The Scooter to me is a whole lot funner to fly, and not having to try to land on a runway is a big plus too. Its hard enough finding open areas to fly around here, let alone finding one with asphalt / concrete for landing on. The Pro II combo was a great "gettin' back into it" kit for me as well.