View Single Post
Old 08-12-2003, 10:22 PM
cajunflyer
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sky Scooter Pro II questions

Originally posted by Dave Barrow
I have flown my Scooter in 10-12 mph. winds with no problems. It does slow down some into the wind as others have said, but not enough to keep from flying it. I ordered some 8 cell 1800 Mah Nimh packs off ebay, I hope that will give it a little more oomph, and should increase flight time some too.
Make sure you do a forced air ram to keep the motor cool. I melted my hot glue and actually the foam around the motor. The hole was huge and I could barely get the motor to stay in place for there was no where for it to rest. I just got finished putting my new fuse together. Some guys like to take half a spoon and ram it in a hole on the side of the nose, I did the same. It seemed to make the nose very weak. I skided off into some tall grass on the side of my little runway and the nose snapped. So this is that I did ( see picture). I cut a small slit about 1/4 inch wide with about a 35 degree angle on the front cut. I then epoxeyed about 1/3 of a plastic sppon to the side. I also did the opposite on the other side. You just have to take the motor and hold it up on the side of the nose and figure where the opening will sit. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	101231_42679.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	54105