RCU Forums - View Single Post - SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 09:15 AM
cmoulder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

If it lasts 100 flights it would be very worthwhile. Regular couplers on glow stuff lasted about 100 flights so that would be on par. I read the specs....apparently the reinforcement is polyester which doesn't have a temp rating more than 400F. I wish they made the right size from the higher temp red silicone with the nomex reinforcement, but they apparently don't. Have you called them? Maybe there is something available not shown on line

I maidened the Extra today. Info on the EF Exra 300 78" thread. My header came off the engine after 15 minutes of flying. I like your solution on the bolts and will likely copy it

Matt
Received the hose in the mail yesterday. It's interesting, with a sort of blue-colored, coated, spiral-wrapped fabric on the outside and red silicone inside with the strengthening fibers embedded. Looks good, but only time will tell. I won't be installing it right away because my latest arrangement is still working pretty well. However, it is a bit more cumbersome and more difficult to repair in the field than the simple hose. If the hose works it will be a better long-term choice.