RCU Forums - View Single Post - Passport 2010
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 10:18 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Passport 2010

I just finished my "2010 upgrade" to my Passport. I got the new gear, which is longer and narrower than the old gear, new wheel pants which are smaller, and the new wings which have more dihedral and are a bit lighter.

I couldn't fly on Sunday due to weather so I spent the time to get this ready to fly. I got it in the air yesterday evening. I kept the incidence the same as the old wings and it tracked really well. It was a little windy so it was a bit hard to tell if I had the exact mixing dialed in. The rudd-ail mix was reduced but there is still a bit there. I might back a little more out before I am done. Rudd-elev is about the same as before but I'll see how it is when I try it in calmer air.

It flew better overall. I felt like it was much more locked in. Snaps were really nice. The rolling loops were a ton easier. I don't know how to describe it but I didn't feel like I was fighting with the plane through the rolling loop segments. It seemed to stay planted on transitions a little better as well.

I can't wait to fly it again and finish fine tuning it. Hopefully I'll get some really calm air and my impressions will be the same. It looks like my new Visa is going to have some big shoes to fill. This thing is flying really nice.

Now, it's on to the Visa.