RCU Forums - View Single Post - Years of experience in R/C hobby including operating/flying & building
Old 04-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Crash Campbell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Years of experience in R/C hobby including operating/flying & building

Hi,

I'm a year younger than AH1G (58) going on 17. I started in control line when I was seven. Moved into R/C about 1975 and had a small hiatus from 1980 until about 2001 owing to family, work, motor sport and an obsession with fishing shared with my elder son. Retired now and try to fly R/C at least twice a week. Ditto to cancer and my "bete noir" is my back stemming from a motorcycle accident in 1973. Still any day above ground is a good one. My other addictions are my cars (full sizeI, I still find time to surf (when its' good)and ride my mountian bike every day and snow ski at least one week each year. The last couple of years my wife has introduced us to ballroom dancing which sees us out of the house one or two nights /week, this is a real achievement for someone with two left feet but at least she almost never complains about the time I spend building and flying, so it's a small price to pay and on the odd occassion I get it right it's satisfying.

Cheers,

Colin