RCU Forums - View Single Post - What RC car should I get?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Kalani938

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What RC car should I get?

I was in your exact same boat about two weeks ago. Ihad no idea what I wanted and I had about the same budget you have. I was looking at nitro first, but after I saw all the maintenance you have to do everytime you drive it, I decided to go electric. After a couple weeks of doing research I decided to go with the Traxxas Slash 4x4. It's about $379 at Tower Hobbies and it comes with everything you need. They also let you use an EasyPay option that allows you to pay it out over 3 months. I got my truck a few days ago and I absolutely LOVE this truck! It comes with a battery and a charger, but I would advise to get a better charger and a better battery. I got the Onyx 240 chargerand so far it's working out very well. I also grabbed a Tenergy 5000mah 8.4VNihm battery pack to go along with the 3000mah that comes with the truck. Out of the box I'd say it does about 40mph, but that caneasily increase with Lipo batteries and the Mamba Monster motor upgrade. I've read that it will go over 80mph with these upgrades.