RCU Forums - View Single Post - What RC car should I get?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 05:36 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What RC car should I get?

All those that say dont get 1/8th scale are jokers, your running offroad, 1/8th is the control factor you need.
A GOLF COARSE, is usually a prosecutable tresspassing offence, so to get around it most of the time l would suggest a Brushless LIPO set up , so quite they wont notice unless they are on the spot.
Also brushless lipo are faster than nitro, less mess, no tuning issues, no de-tuning from weather, for a first timer, try a brushless lipo set up, l bought all me nephew2 [ 3 of them ] hyper 7s, nitro, for x-mass, not one of them still drives the things, because of the mess and hassle, yet they always want to drive my E-Revo. Which blows a hyper 7 away anyways.
l recommend 1/8th brushless Truggy or 1/10th E-Revo, which is technicly the same size as a 1/8th machine anyways.
l recommend turnigy LIPO batteries for the first timer, at 29$ each for a 5000mah 30c burst 20c constant battery.Chargers start at 40$ for lipo chargers.You will spend far more on nitro servicing and maintanence and fuel than batteries in the long run.

After driving the maintenece is about 10% of that of a nitro machine.Beer o-clock !