RCU Forums - View Single Post - What RC car should I get?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 10:48 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: What RC car should I get?

ORIGINAL: piddlefoot

All those that say dont get 1/8th scale are jokers, your running offroad, 1/8th is the control factor you need.
A GOLF COARSE, is usually a prosecutable tresspassing offence, so to get around it most of the time l would suggest a Brushless LIPO set up , so quite they wont notice unless they are on the spot.
Also brushless lipo are faster than nitro, less mess, no tuning issues, no de-tuning from weather, for a first timer, try a brushless lipo set up, l bought all me nephew2 [ 3 of them ] hyper 7s, nitro, for x-mass, not one of them still drives the things, because of the mess and hassle, yet they always want to drive my E-Revo. Which blows a hyper 7 away anyways.
l recommend 1/8th brushless Truggy or 1/10th E-Revo, which is technicly the same size as a 1/8th machine anyways.
l recommend turnigy LIPO batteries for the first timer, at 29$ each for a 5000mah 30c burst 20c constant battery.Chargers start at 40$ for lipo chargers.You will spend far more on nitro servicing and maintanence and fuel than batteries in the long run.

After driving the maintenece is about 10% of that of a nitro machine.Beer o-clock !
you must be smokin crack man electric aint quiet at all
my 1/12th scale BL truggy is almost as loud as my MT2. I can hear the MT2 about 100 feet (33.3meters) farther away than the brushless. Only time electric is quiet is when your not moving it, where as nitro still has the engine running
its just a different sound. Electrics are a whinny high pitched noise vs nitros sound like a lawnmower
I also find Brushless break a hell of alot faster due to the extra power behind em.

also he said $350 range not $750-900...
the friggin esc and motor in a 1/8th is almost his whole budget alone