View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 08:11 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

ORIGINAL: Joystick TX

ORIGINAL: w8ye

I bought a engine from Todd this morning. I was there 1 min after they opened. I have it here beside me.
You will love the engine.

BTW - I noticed on your profile you had a starter bench with some short uprights that would not work well for high wing airplanes and another bench that may tip forward with the power from some of the larger gas engines if the benches are made from untreated lumber or if the flight box is not mounted properly. I also did not like my transmitter balanced on a 2x4.

Here is a different design that will not tip forward as easily and it has plenty of room to put a flight box, transmitter, etc. on the top. It is also very easy to build, even at the field. They can be made from treated or untreated lumber. The second picture has the old bench in the background, notice the concrete block at the tail of the bench to prevent the tipping problem, and Walt with his "gasser" running up on the new bench.
I didn't care for the bench with the short uprights you were referring to either. I always had someone hold the plane for me with that bench that was closest to the shade. I don't know who made it for it was at the previous field before we moved to that one. I was instrumental in getting 5 new AMA style benches (actually laid out by Charlie Meyer of the Meroke R/C Club) made by our club at that field and two of them had the lowered platform for the giant scale planes as in the extreme background of your picture. http://www.meroke.com/sbbuildinginstructions.htm

Your design looks nice. Promote it where ever you can. The modeling community needs an alternate design to satisfy human individuality.

I fly at a different field now and we cannot have any benches remaining at the field. I use a tee frame affair mounted in a heavier style B&D Workmate. It fits my U-Can-Do 60 and Twist 60's with the Saito 125's. I keep my flight box and transmitter on the tailgate of my truck. I also have a standard size AMA style bench at home but it is awkward to be moving to the field and back.

The picture below is off the old dangerous style flight bench. The guy in the background that you cannot see his face is BLW, one of the other moderators in Engines.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91083.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	1415330