RCU Forums - View Single Post - engine not starting
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 10:29 PM
goneracing_83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: engine not starting

now if it died when you gave it gas then you LOW speed needle is to rich or too lean. but by the looks of you plug its too rich. your low speed needle effects your acceleration up to about 3/4 for the way to WOT. your high speed needle effects your top speed mainly. to make sure your not too lean run your RC at WOT and then shut it down right after words and take out your plug it should have a light to medium choclate brown to it. if its white to lean if black to rich. you will want the engine to be a lil rich at a idle bc when you give it throttle it will be right where you need it for proformance in you "mid range". the way i set my low speed needle is i started rich but no rich it wouldnt idle. then slowly leaned it out ( 1/16 to 1/8 turns) and you will need to back out the idle screw so it dont idle do high it engages the clutch. continue to lean it out till it boggs when you hit the throttle and then rich it up in little adjustments till it quits bogging out. when the needle is set right it should idle smooth and sound like its four cycleing. (it should make a Dun de dun de dun sound) not a eeeeeeeeeeeeeee sound.... if it is then rich up the low needle till it fireing on every other revolution.... four cycleing making the dun de dun de dun sound. hope that not to confuseing. its kinda hard to put in words how it should sound at a idle.

correct me if im wrong guys. but my Fire hammer runs great and that is the way i did it.

TJ