RCU Forums - View Single Post - MK KITS LISTING
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 10:38 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: MK KITS LISTING

Will,

thanks for looking into that. The reason I speculated that an Arrow 20 existed (at least in Japan) was because Hatori actually produced a fuse top header for the 25 VF intended for the Arrow. I was surprised when I saw that and although I thought it was probably either a typing mistake or simply a way of naming a fuse top header for 20 size engines, I conceded to the possibility of a 20 size Arrow.

I considered that more likely when I realized that there isn't a single 20 size MK kit that I'm aware of that actually uses a fuse top header. The one exception would have been the Aurora with a pipe setup like in the 45 and 60 (albeit a cranked fuse top header) but as I understand it, they never provided the space or the belly pan for a RE pipe setup or engine configuration. The other exceptions would have been kits from OK Models such as the Mystic and Beat-On but both of these came much after the 25 VF and in any case would have been underpowered with a 25 - not a likely thing for Hatori to do.

In any event, it just seems fitting for an Arrow 20 to exist and be powered by a RE OS, Enya or Jett 25-35. In due course, I intend to produce a CAD plan of the Arrow 40 and scale this down with appropriate simplifications (MK 20 size style) to obtain a 20 size Arrow. This one will probably have specs similar to the Skymaster 20.

David.