RCU Forums - View Single Post - Autonomous Helicopter
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 04:24 AM
jamess26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Autonomous Helicopter

ORIGINAL: 500 lb. koolaid man

A college near where I live has a "branch" specifically about autonomous heli's research. I've been there and seen all the heli's in the pictures[X(] ccsp and heard them talk about the purposes and about the helicopters specific tasks and so forth. It was amazing. I think my second two years of college(just graduated HS) ccnp I might join the program.
http://www.cse.usf.edu/USL/uslindex.htm
As you can tell I have definately upgraded my Super Blackfoot. It has a Tekin Rebel esc, Team Associated Firehawk motor, Tamiya oil filled shocks with green Losi springs in the rear, RPM receiver case, TC3 rear body posts, Team Associated antenna tube and mount, Hitec steering servo, and several different wheel and tire combinations. I locked the diff with silly puddy to make it perform better in the snow and it really has made a world of difference. ccna testking I water proofed the esc by using clear slicone around the seam of the case. I just purchased a new 97 Dakota body to have some fun with because I love how it looks on the truck. I used to have Ram lights on the rollbar but they have been broken for awhile. I still might pick up another set because it made it a black to run the truck at night. The only thing I really need to do is redisgn the steering system because like so many others there is a ridiculous amount of play in it. I saw the thread on RCMT about it and I might try to do something similar. There truck got me started off in the world of RC because after seeing my friends original blackfoot I had to have one. I used to have an original blackfoot that ccip my father picked up at a swap meat but when I was younger I took it all apart and only kept the parts like the chassis and screws that I could use for my Super Blackfoot. It really is too bad I didn't keep it because all the parts where there and I did have it running at one point.