RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TNX 5.2R,,Rear Diff help please
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 07:38 AM
delorean123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya TNX 5.2R,,Rear Diff help please

Hi all.....Yesterday while out entertaining the neighbour hood kids with my truck.....I snapped the rear drive shaft off...!!!
Now..Let me explain the problem..The rear diff has three outputs...2 to the rear wheels and 1 to the center....It's the 1 to the center that broke..
The shaft is fine.....So I removed the rear diff to check further......Upon inspection..I noticed that the joint cup came off with the shaft..which means that the Diff now has a busted piece of metal coming out of it....It actually snapped off inside the diff......So there is piece of metal sticking out of the rear diff,,(center)..It looks like it got so hot that it snapped..???..My question to you experts is this...Do I need a new rear diff now..??..Or can that piece be replaced..?..I have never opened up a diff ..so I'm not sure what to do..??...
If that piece can be replaced..(Looks like a joint cup with a mini shaft attached to it)...Is there an upgraded one that I can buy..??..If so..where..??
Is this a common issue with this truck..??...I have never had any previous issues..(Other then this truck loves clutch's)....
Please help guys...I need this truck back up and running A.S.A.P
Thanks in advance...
Jamie