RCU Forums - View Single Post - David Boddington 1932 - 2010
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Terry Tippett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: David Boddington 1932 - 2010

Sadly, the King of model flight, David Boddington, has died aged seventy seven after a long fight with cancer.
David will be remembered by many thousands of model airplane enthusiasts, not only in the UK but for many who are overseas too. Itwould be difficult for anybody to get into model flying without coming across the name of ‘David Boddington’. Somewhere I read in the last few days….If ‘Boddo’ (as he was fondly called), had been into politics, then he would have ended up as prime minister. The picture shows David, centre picture with me next right and David’s brother Charles (who unfortunately died in a full size plane crash piloting for a film). The young lady to the left is my wife Ada who ran Micron Radio Control in later years. These were early days and we were test flying a fast dual pulse proportional radio system based on the previous Gallatrol galloping ghost system. David was the gentle giant of radio control flight and had that great presence and charisma. He will live on in the R/C world for a very long time. Our thoughts are with David’s wife Jill and family.
R.I.P King David…..we will be with you shortly.