RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can't figure out what to build.
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 02:47 PM
xxwolfyxx
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't figure out what to build.

I have a Sterling Stearman, a Midwest Stearman, 2 Sig yak 18's and a Top Flite P-40

Currently working on a TF Cessna 182 (not close to done). I'm planning ahead for the next project and keep going back and forth on what to do next.

The 182 is my first full build after being out of the hobby for many many years. The Sterling was my first intro to RC airplane when my dad had built one back before I was born. He passed away in March and I was lucky enough to have him see that I got another to build.

The Midwest Stearman was I gift I had gotten for my dad about 4 or 5 years ago. He never touched it.

The Yak was also an airplane that dad "started" but never finished before I was born (think my birth stopped the build). I was lucky to get another (his after 36+ years had broken and missing parts so the reason for 2).

The P-40 I picked up just to build because I've like the looks of them.

So most of the above have some strong emotional strings attached.
I'm following a great build thread on the Sterling, haven't found too many build threads on the Midwest (other than it builds tail heavy). Found even fewer on the Yak (there was one good threat but lost it).

Chances are that whatever gets built will be a hanger queen, sort of my little memorial to him (but I do want it air ready just in case .