RCU Forums - View Single Post - SMALL DISPLACEMENT FOUR STROKE GLOW TO GAS CONVERSION
Old 04-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Pull Up Now!
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: SMALL DISPLACEMENT FOUR STROKE GLOW TO GAS CONVERSION

ORIGINAL: rotccapt

well i got it reinstalled on the plane after making my new carb spacer and i got some static thrust numbers. i am getting 8.2 lbs of thrust off my current setup. i know this engine can do better and i dont realy feal comfortable flying an 11 lb plane with 8 lbs of thrust i know i would be ok, but i like to have get outa trouble power and at those numbers i dont have it. so i decided to order a wt-456-1 to see if i get a bit more performance out of the engine. i know that when i ran the glow carb i was getting 8600rpm so right now i am almost 1000 rpm slow. so hopefully i can get my power back.

pullup can you post a pic of your counter spring that you installed to help the servo? also would it be possible to use the throttle shaft that is on my wt-340 in the 456? i ask this because i soldered a ball link to the throttle arm to attach my linkage to and it would be nice to re use it. i know i can just de solder it but if that is not required it would be nice. other than this my plane is ready to fly
No reason you can't adapt the throttle plate to the new carb. As with most such thing, some adapting might be necessary. You will have to be the judge as to whether any adaptation is more work than just resoldering the ball link onto the WT456.

8lbs of static thrust is plenty for an 11 lb model. Unless it's for 3D.

I'll try to post the pics of the counter-spring this weekend. Sorry it took so much time to answer your request. Somehow, my subscription (gives email warnings) lapsed on this thread, so I just thought it was quiet here.