RCU Forums - View Single Post - installing the engines on new brushless A-10
Old 04-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Gale155

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: installing the engines on new brushless A-10

ORIGINAL: drhlau

Thanks for the tip Gale155!

Tried it out on the simulator, works great. I will certainly pass this tip on. Until then, I had to really think about which way to roll out of a turn.

Opjose, I read your post too on breaking in the fans and calibrating the ESC's. Thanks for the insight!

Turns out my new hobby has turned up quite a stir at work, there are plenty of us doing our Staff Tours that hate the desk and are itching to fly. The guy I traded my Easy Star is looking to get another airplane.

HL
Well, I want to thank you for your tip, as well. I've been hesitant on the simulator thing for some reason (laziness, I guess), but after reading your comment about crashing what would have been $2,000-worth of real models on your simulator, I bit the bullet and ordered one. I don't know if it's any good or not, but I ordered the 6-channel sim for airplanes and helicopters from Nitroplanes, along with an anti-crash kit for helicopters.

For some reason, I'm really getting interested in rc choppers, and have several hours now on a co-axial: http://www.nitroplanes.com/dyvo3704chco.html . True to Opjose's predection, I crashed within the first 20-seconds on the maiden, but suffered only minor damage to the fuselage and a thingy that connects to the fly-bar. I've managed several flights since (all outdoors) without crashing, but it was always a great deal of work. Only recently did I learn that co-axials should never be flown outdoors except in dead-calm wind, which explains the trouble I've had staying aloft. I logged a couple of hours in an OH-6 many years ago, but other than that I've never had much interest (or faith) in helicopters - bunch of spare parts flying around in formation if you ask me. However, these RC heli's are a blast. I'd like to move up to a larger collective-pitch to fly outdoors, but I need some more co-axial time under my belt, as well as lots of simulator time before making that leap, I guess.

I've yet to fly my Hawk Sky or Catalina. I planned on using my neighbor's 16-acre field, but for some reason he hasn't mowed it since last summer...danged dead grass probably 3-feet tall over the whole area. I've just got too many trees here to fly fixed-wings (at least until I know what I'm doing), so I'm probably going to join a club and learn at their field.