RCU Forums - View Single Post - loss of r.p.m / thrust
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 02:16 PM
ron Sweeney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loss of r.p.m / thrust

Hi Marty my TJT 3000 is suffering from loss of thrust. I noticed recently the turbine lacked power on take off but this power improved as the flight progressed. I checked on subsequent flights and the data terminal showed the max r.p.m. was only 122k at take off but was 126k on landing. This situation has now deteriorated to the point where my max r.p.m is 119k and this does not improve and remains at this figure on landing. I noticed that the e.g.t. was 790 c and thought that this may be limiting the r.p.m.
I removed all covers and panels that may have been restricting air flow but this made no difference to either the r.p.m or the e.g.t. I increase the max rpm setting but this had no affect The model installation is quite old and I feed the pump from two pop bottles with felt clunks into a bvm air trap. I am not sure wether there could be a flow restriction or wether the pump would compensate. The radio throttle travel volume is 100% in both directions and I have tried re-setting the ecu learning settings.
Any ideas? Ron Sweeney.