RCU Forums - View Single Post - **EDIT** Ofna/Picco Outlaw .26 1-way bearing sollution!!
Old 07-18-2003, 08:31 AM
adeoliver
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **EDIT** Ofna/Picco Outlaw .26 1-way bearing sollution!!

**EDIT** Got new info at the bottom!!**

Well I dont know if anyone will use this info, but Ive cracked the 1-way bearing in my .26, and can see why, the case is a poor design and in no way is able to withstand the pressure on this engine. Ive come up with a fix for it, that IMO is vertualy bomb proof.
I noticed when I first got my .26, that the pullstart assembly was almost identical to a .247, theres only 3 differences.

1-the back plates are different inside and out but carry the same mounting dimentions.
2-the 1-ways are a bit different, the picco is narrow and thin with a large slot for the crank, and the xtm is twice as thick with a smaller slot for the crank!!
3-the 1-way shafts are different lengths, the picco being short, while the xtm being longer to compinsate for the thickness, but they are both the same exact thing other than that!!

With that said a little moddification is in order.

First I tried to figure out a way to mount the xtm 1-way to the picco back plate, but it just would not work(the xtm bearing is just to large) it fits the back plate nicely, but binds up with the connecting rod and does not allow the plate to slide all the way in!! So after a couple hours of figureing this is not going to work I desided to try the XTM back plate just for S&G's. I was suprised that it slipped right in and was perfactly lined up to be mounted, so I stuffed the xtm 1-way in it and tried to mate the xtm setup to the engine but had problems doing so. It turned out that the slot in the 1-way was just a hair to narrow for the crank to slip in, so I grabbed my trusty dremel, stuck a sanding/buffing wheel and rambed it into the slot, low and behold just a little material was removed but just enough for the slot to slide right on the crank. I then mounted everything to the engine just for a few test pulls, and wallah it works perfact, no more catching and releasing, just the way it should be nice and tight!! After all that I decided to go ahead and try it out, so I pulled the pullstart and back plate off, siliconed the backing plate, sinched it on, and put the pullstart back on. Im gonna take her out tommarrow and see how she does and see if the backplate leaks at all, which I dont think it will but you never know, Ill let you guys know how it works out, not sure if anyone will use this info, but I can guarntee that the 1-way wont crack on this beefy SOB and Im pretty sure it could handle the RotoStart 100x's better than any other bearing!!
I forgot to take pix of the setup but hey you get the point right!! LOL

Thanks for looking!!