RCU Forums - View Single Post - RCGF Engines
Thread: RCGF Engines
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 08:19 AM
aussiesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCGF Engines

OK
Here is another example of "in house QC" and why you can never really expect any particular sort of failure from them.
This is a 52cc twin I received from them in my last order that they ever sold me. This engine was sold to me as a "B" line engine by the factory so don't believe the @&^$ that some of the newer dealers wil tell you about the "B" line having been sorted out - it simply isn't true.

As part of MY in house QC, I used to remove the rear crankcase half of ALL RCGF engines to make sure everythihng was fine inside the engine (Learnt the hard way why I needed to do that on every engine regardless of how smooth it seemed to turn over). I now notice that removal of any engine parts immediately voids warranty according to at least one of their suppliers.

Remember - this engine has NEVER been run (and never will be run because Catherine has consistently refused to sell me parts to support my ex-rcgf customers - so most of those customers have now been given replacements of different brands - with which they are happy)

On this one, "Someone at the factory" ground down the side of one con rod because the rod was hitting the side of the crankcase. The reason it was hitting the crankcase was because someone in the manufacturing chain had machined the big end boss of the rod off centre.

So - at least 3 lots of FACTORY QC had failed miserably

1 - The machining of the big end boss was incorrect and not ppicked up prior to crank assembly
2 - Assuming that they buy in the rods - The preassembly inspection of the crank parts never picked the bad rod hub up
3 - When the faulty crank assembly was installed in the case, the problem was noted but instead of rejecting the item - it was "butchered" to make a "saleable" engine.

So who lost out on this one?

I did because the factory got their money in full - but they refused to speak with me about the problems. Can you imagine what could (would) have happened IF the engine was sent to a customer and they ran it? - vibration plus at the very least - until the rod broke.

Some may think this is an isolated incident but believe me -it is far from it - MY in house rejection rate of these engines was well over 25% because of major faults. I have many more examples but this was the closest one to hand - those examples include the "B" line engines. Fact is - Catherine Tsang did me a big favor by refusing to respond to my requests for spare parts (Parts that I was prepared to pay for because it was stil cheaper than sending the engine back to the factory at my expense - in the hope they MIGHT do the right thing about them)

Attached Images