RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extra 330L-EP Extreme 3D RC Acrobatic Plane ARF
Old 04-29-2010, 09:26 AM
dditch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extra 330L-EP Extreme 3D RC Acrobatic Plane ARF

I broke the plastic stock landing gear a couple weeks ago landing on the clumpy grass before they mowed or rolled the field. I made a pair of aluminum gear using a stick from Home Depot. If I would have been able to find thinner aluminum

I also threw on an MKS292 gyro onto the ailerons, now this will be my windy day plane. I flew this morning in 10-15mph winds. Wind was not all that bad but the ailerons tracked like it was a calm day.

One other mod I did was to put some foam adhesive on the inside of the place where the top hatch pin goes into the front of the fuse. There is side to side play and that rattles in the air. It gets really loud and I worry about something fatiguing. Someone commented and asked how I got the Electric plane to sound like a Nitro. It was the rattling. With the foam, it's quiet again.

I have a 13x8 on it now, I broke my 14x7 prop when I broke the landing gear. I ordered another. Once again, I have a 6S 2650mAh setup and Monster Power 60 motor. The ESC is all the way up front just under the motor and my CG is pretty much perfect per the instructions. A few weeks ago, I noticed that tendancy to roll as I add alot of elevator but w/ the gyro, that's pretty much gone now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19102.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	305.4 KB
ID:	1427673   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23783.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	1427674   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr42052.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	165.9 KB