View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 10:49 PM
tripower222
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Right thrust

ORIGINAL: Charlie P.

ORIGINAL: Campgems

The cowl doesn't mean much. It could be mounted a little off by it's self.
Agreed. The cowl is set to be true to the engine/spinner thrust ring whether it has engine offset or not. The prop shaft should always be centered in the cowl opening for appearance.

The cowl is on the plane true and of course the propshaft is supposed to be centered thats not what where talking about here???. Its obvious if you look at the picture the cowl was designed to have an even gap around the spinner when the motor is installed with a few degrees of right thrust. Look at how its extended on the left side.
I recently put togeather a Hangar 9 Saratoga and the cowl was the same way a slight angle so the gap is even around the spinner, it had the same angle built into the firewall which was nice cause the motor is installed at about 45 degree from inverted. That would have been a pain to shim the right thrust angle.

Anyway as I mentioned in my original post I going to shim the motor up to have the proper right thrust and see how much it helps. may be a little bit but I will report back.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db86003.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	1428233