RCU Forums - View Single Post - TT 53 Redline leaning out
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Gavin2407

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TT 53 Redline leaning out

Hi BarracudaHockey

Thank you for the advise. I replaced the fuel lines including the clunk line of both the main and header tanks before installing them with dubro fuel line (tranparent blue), could 8 tanks of fuel cause it to fail so quickly? been using this fuel line eversince you suggested alternative fuel line in a previous post with my first Raptor. We fly every weekend here so I also change out the fuel line every 2 months regardless of its condition.

Hi Hobby_man

The "hidden" needle is hidden inside the throttle rotor body, behind the throttle linkage. you have to remove this with and allen key and then use a thin flat screwdriver to set it. If you look inside the carb, the "hidden" needle sits directly opposite the mixture metering screw. I have found out that the factory settings for the "hidden" needle is 1mm gap between mixture metering screw and "hidden" needle while carb is fully open. This you can check and set with the engine removed from your heli as follows: 1 - set the Needle valve(high) to 3 turns out from closed. 2 - set the mixture metering screw flush the the carb body. 3 - Set the "hidden" needle so that there in 1mm gap between it and the mixture screw. a quick and crude way is to take a small cable tie and put it between the mixture screw and "hidden" needle, this will give you a good starting point.

Regards
Gavin