RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Cat 31
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Highvoltage272

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Cat 31

Hey Guys well i have decided on doing a engine swap and as wave waker said go big or dont go at all i am going to put the O.S. 46 vx-m in my boat. The .32 doesnt cut it for me i want something that people are gonna take a double look at.
well i just though i would post a couple pictures of my boat with the mods i have done. one is the canopy i lost one in the bottom of lake pleasant in hum big cove somewhere then the one i have now has foam in it to keep it from sinking and bought aero marine cowl locks and they worked until it fliped and where i glues the lock on the canopy broke but good thing it now floated. Then made some body pin mounts for it and it seemed a lot easier that trying to make brass tabs and it work really well.
Second is i was running60% omega in my boat with a x646 and my boat would be really hot so i made a exhaust cooling coilwith its own inlet and moved the header cooling line to have its own inlet ,it stays a lot cooler after i didthat,i alsoport matched the header,put 2 autobailers one in each sponson. I also trimed therudder, and moved the preasure fitting to the pipe. Braized the preasure fitting on theheader and sealed it upreally nicely hasno leaks. Put the traxxas 2.4ghz radio and trans in my boat from my 4x4 slash thati sold to buy the boat. i painted it withhobby paint on the top(silver) that i got from the lhs and lexan h20 paint fromACE on the bottom(red)i love working on this boat and tuning it as much as i love driving it. heres the pictures
Anyone in the phoenix area?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48753.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1430399   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10424.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	1430400   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28166.jpg
Views:	45