RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA & AMA - What's Your Vested Interest?
Old 05-06-2010, 12:55 PM
apwachholz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FAA & AMA - What's Your Vested Interest?

hook57 -

Clearly you are as passionate as the rest of us in the subject, otherwise you wouldn't be sticking around the thread. And that's a good thing; keep the conversation going.

However, the initial reasoning behind my post was/is not to attack/defend any one persons opinion or position on the subject.

The objective is to discuss where we all stand individually and why we stand where we do. Also, my goal is to get a pulse on just how many of our fellow hobbyists are tuned in to the happenings of the AMA/FAA/sUAS 'hubbub'; either for or against.

I'm glad to see that we are not idle about the subject at hand, but I want to keep the conversation healthy and avoid highly polarized discussions.

I want everyone to be able to express their opinion freely without repercussion.

There is a time and place for heated talks, however, as I had stated to PlaneJim, often times our position can be misconstrued through a forum as the tone of our delivery is missing.

I am happy to see that we do, in fact, have a vested interest in this topic. And am starting to see overarching theme's within this thread and other current discussions happening within the AMA's Strategic Task Force Group (that I am also a member of).

What is one of those themes? Concern for the future freedoms of our hobby. And that, my friends (And yes, I consider you all my friends) is exactly what we're all 'fighting' for.