RCU Forums - View Single Post - spelling and grammar check
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Tjettzky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: spelling and grammar check

ORIGINAL: el-John-o

i dn no wt ur prblm is sum of uz hve a hrd time typng out all of r ltrs.

^ THAT is the most annoying thing, if you ask me, abbreviating everything, I can take the occasional IMO or what have you but my gosh, it's a FORUM! It's a time delayed written communication you can type out A R E or O U R! But otherwise, I agree, some sort of spell/grammar check (or, you know make everyone use Firefox). All caps is another thing that annoys me, it's one thing if your angry but how many times have we seen: (and, usually all caps is combined with poor spelling, grammar AND a lack of punctuation)

HI GUYS I HAVE A QUESTION I BOUGHT A NEW RADIO TODAY TO GO WITH MY NEW RC AIRPLANE THINGYU AND I HAVE THIS PROBLEM THAT EVERYTIME I START THE ENGINE THE PLANE STARTS TO ROLL FORWARD AND I HIT THE OFF SWITCH ON THE SIDE OF THE PLANE BUT THE ENGING DOESNT SHUT OFF SO I HAVE TO HOLD THE PLANE UP IN THE AIR UNTIL IT RUNS OUT OF GAS ALSO AFTERWARDS I RAN OUT OF THAT YELLOW SLIMY FUEL STUFF SO I JUST USED WEED EATER GAS AND NOW MY MOTOR WONT START AND IDK WHATS WRONG THE GUY DOWN THE STREET SAID IT WOULD WORK BUT NOW IT DOESNT THIS IS ALL TOWER HOBBIES FAULT BECAUSE THEY SOLD ME AN ENGINE WHEN THEY KNEW IT WOULDNT EVEN RUN ON REGULAR GAS.

And of course, three posts later, after someone says they should do research before proceeding with their plane, so that they don't injure themselves or others, or at the very least obliterate their investment into a pile of smoldering pieces:

YOU ARE ALL JERKS IM SORRY IM NOT AN EXPERT I CANT KNOW EVERYTHING LKSJDFLKSJD;KANWJOFMDL;KVM;IOMVLKWEMOMIREVO;MADF;B LKM$%#@$^$%^@$%^$%^$%^$%^$%@^%$#^$%#^%^&%^*u&&$%&$&$%

Edit: As far as the dictionary arguments go, Being in the dictionary does not make it gramatically correct, there are two words I can find in the dictionary, Ain't, and pickle.

Some people will tell me ''Ain't is grammatically correct it's in the dictionary'' So they say, ''I ain't got none of them!''. So then, by the profound logic, should ''I pickle got none of them'' mean the same thing as ''I don't have any of those?''

Just sayin'

In essence, spellcheck won't correct properly spelled but incorrectly used word. As the great philospher Ron White has said, ''You cain't fix stupid''

I completely pickle.