RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA & AMA - What's Your Vested Interest?
Old 05-07-2010, 12:16 AM
apwachholz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FAA & AMA - What's Your Vested Interest?

Sport_Pilot -

As I recall, the AMA and the FAA have some sort of written documentation about such events (its exact location eludes me at this time) however, I believe it states a maximum altitude restriction for r/c (both near and away from airports) and that deviating from such restrictions is punishable by law or severe penalty from the FAA. Same goes for Gen. Aviation, as they are not allowed to fly below certain altitudes without possible punishment.

Details aside, I believe we're loosing focus of the topic at hand.

As I stated above, it's my belief that due to advancements in aviation technologies the rules by which we adhere to (meaning the AMA) are inevitably going to change. And by others accounts, they too, feel change is in the air (pardon the pun) and that we as a community need to take actions. If at least, to state our voice and to keep certain freedoms of our hobby.

The question is, are we going to be proactive and help create new rules, or will we choose to be reactive to the end result?

As you can tell, I prefer the first. My question to you Sport_Pilot is this: How would you like your voice heard? And what would it say?