RCU Forums - View Single Post - $155.00 Needs a HOME!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 07:42 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: $155.00 Needs a HOME!!!

I have another option that I would like to suggest. Our Club like many others has a "Club Trainer". I have our club's trainer in my garage. It is a Sig LT-40 with a Supertigre 40 glow engine and a basic Futaba radio system and a buddy box. Find a local R/C Club. If they are devoted to teaching others to fly R/C, that club will have a "flight ready" model that is specifically owned by that club to get people like you in the air. They will let you fly the plane for free. Furnish everything you will need to fly the plane for free. Where are you located? I am in Ohio and you can come to our field and learn to "solo" a R/C model airplane for absolutely nothing, zip,zilch,nadda! There is no better way to promote this hobby than for all you guys suggesting what this gentleman should buy when in fact your club should absolutely have a Club trainer for him to use for free.

If you are in Georgia find out who this man and his son is and get them to your field and get them on a "buddy box"!

Simulators are okay but nothing beats the real thing. Getting outside, learning how to start the engine, smelling the fuel,setting the needle valve correctly on the engine, checking the wind direction,your first unassisted takeoff and landing. You and your son will have memories for life and a new hobby too!

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!" Same goes for flying R/C.

Find a R/C club or local hobby shop that will get you and your son in the air, teach you to fly, THEN buy your plane and radio. By then you will probably be willing to pay and have a little more money because someone took the time to show you just how much fun it is!

Speedy Gonzales
AMA 107306