RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 08:56 PM
CGAV8R
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build

She flew. She was a handful at first. She wanted to climb and I kept feeding in down trim, but I ran out and she still wanted to climb. I took off in high rates and the elevator was VERY touchy. I fly a lot of 3D birds with a lot of travel, and this still felt touchy to me. I switched to low rates and that helped quite a bit. I balanced it at the 3 and 7/8" recommended in the manual, it felt tail heavy and thats what probably caused the elevator sensitivity. I got a few laps in trying to trim her out. Once I ran out of elevator trim, I just flew it a few more laps and dropped the flaps to see how they felt. They felt good so I did my approach and landed. I greased the landing and taxied back. It felt good to get her on the ground safely. I'll move the CG forward and adjust the elevator pushrod. Hopefully the weather will be good tomorrow and I can get a better flight in. My camera guy quit filming and said the lighting was not allowing the camera to focus and he could not get any good footage. Just as well though, it wasn't the prettiest test flight, fighting the climb and all.

Aaron D.