RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA & AMA - What's Your Vested Interest?
Old 05-08-2010, 12:32 PM
apwachholz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FAA & AMA - What's Your Vested Interest?

Silent-AV8R -

Personally, I thing ur right… there isn't anything to rally against. Not at this stage of the game. However, I think the mindset of Plane_Jim is more of what we, as a group of hobbyists, might want to consider.

I'm not going to downplaying the importance of the AMA, as I believe it's our best ally at this time, but I'm going to play devils advocate:

What if the AMA fails in its attempts to properly represent our hobby and community?

I say this because there are many threads on this forum of hobbyists that are saying there is a questionable aspect to the AMA organization. Many people are not seeing it's value or in some cases they don't believe it has value at all. Of course the AMA is trying to change this but, what if they don't?

I'd still like to be flying years from now but, if there is no one voice (i.e. organization) representing my interests, I'm at the mercy of whatever comes my way. And that doesn't sit well with me. This is why I'm part of the Task Force and yes, poking around for information to get a pulse of the community. Because if our recommendations are simply our OWN and not representative of the whole - what good are we going to do for you all?

I'm taking this opportunity to represent my hobby and my fellow modelers very seriously.

Again, thanks so much everyone for the insights. Look for more questions from me coming soon. And if I know something about the FAA/EAA/...whatever that may impact our hobby - I'll be sure to let you all know.