RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cars Thread
Thread: Cars Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 12:11 AM
ImpalaPolicePack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cars Thread

WARNING

This Is A Long Post About My Wonderfull Day...

earlier tonight my girlfriend asked me to go pick up some food at the grocerie store AND ASKED ME TO DO IT QUICKLY, she was starving !(it was 6:45pm)

well on my way back home i saw a nice construction site with some mud that didnt looked to be too deep to try out my new 98 blazer 4x4.
the truck is sitting on BF goodrich All Terrain tires, with about 35% thread left on them, thats not the type of tire to go mudding !

i said to myself lets give it a try quickly to be home before she get mad (7:15pm)

so after entering the site it was allgood until i saw that nice puddle of muddy water(that looked 5-6inches deep with solid ground under it), i went into it at about 15-20mph, made it half way(about 15 feet) and got stuck.
i was on the 4x4 hi , so i put it in 4x4low and put the tranny on reverse. just by letting off the break pedal i could feel the truck getting deeper in the ground. needless to say i gave it a little bit of gas and BAM! the truck was sitting on the frame ! i opened my door to see what it looked like, the rocker panels were touching the mud and the rear tire was axle deep in THICK MUD. (its now 7:10pm, and i better be home at 7:15pm cause the wife is hungry!)

so i called CAA(a towing company that is free and comes with my insurances, but they cannot find my policy so they tell me its 125$)(7:15pm)
i call my insurence, listen to the never ending message, they are closed(7:20pm)
i check in my wallet to see how much i have on me, 40$ , i start to panic(7:25pm)
i call my girlfriend to tell her i will be late because of traffic, cause if i tell her ill be late cause i decided to go play in the mud im a dead man(7:35pm)
i call another towing company, they say its 80$ and i have to pay the towing driver right when the truck is unstuck. i explain to him that i have to go to the bank, he doesnt care(7:45pm)
panic, smoke a cigaret(7:55pm)
call back the wife to tell her the truth, shes mad but its ok, and she dont have money on her and doesnt have a car(8:10)
relax, panic, relax(8:20pm)
call back the guy at towing company, explain him that i will go to the bank and come pay him in person at his office 30 min away of where i am.hes mad but says its ok(8:30pm)
towing get to the site(8:45pm) cant come to me, have to come by the other end, gets to me(8:55)
got unstuck(9:00pm), go home to feed the wife ! leave for the bank and towing office 2 towns away(9:15pm)
i get to the office and pay the guy(9:55pm)
stop at a mcdonalds to eat something, get to my house (10:50pm)
walk inside, wife is on the couch waiting for me with a mad face. she screams at me for 15 mins that my 20min ride to the grocerie store for 10$ of food took 4 hours and costed 80$
shes goes to sleep, i pop a beer, smoke a cig and look on the internet for mud tires for next time i cross that construction site. PRICELESS

End of Story. (for now...)

sorry if it was long to read, i had to share my evening with someone ...