RCU Forums - View Single Post - Horizon Hobbies Spectrum DX6I Malfunction that destroyed my aircraft
Old 05-11-2010, 06:59 PM
fly24-7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Horizon Hobbies Spectrum DX6I Malfunction that destroyed my aircraft

I've used a DX7 radio for nearly four years. I bought my about a month after the DX7 was released. I use the 7, the 6 and the new 5 channel receivers. I've never had a problem with my transmitter or any of my receivers. The equipment has worked flawlessly for me from day one.

With that said, I've read a number of threads with complaints of malfunction for every brand of 2.4 GHz radios. Futaba, JR, Spektrum, Airtronics, Hitec, etc... I'm not aware of any mass-produced product that is 100% defect free. With forums like this, it is easier than ever to make the masses aware of a bad product experience.

There's risk with any of these products. Like others have said, to minimize the risk, "break-in" a new system on a model of little value in order to gain confidence in the equipment.

In this case, I think it was a mistake to fly the second model without having a confirmed assignable cause for the first crash. I hope the original poster finds some form of satisfaction for this issue.