RCU Forums - View Single Post - Horizon Hobbies Spectrum DX6I Malfunction that destroyed my aircraft
Old 05-12-2010, 10:46 AM
warbird addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Horizon Hobbies Spectrum DX6I Malfunction that destroyed my aircraft

I use the 9303 tx and have ar6200's in a bunch of 50cc sized stuff on a single 2700 nimh and to date no problems
I dunno maybe I'm lucky knock on wood but I just observe a few simple rules and so far it's kept me out of trouble.

1. Make certain all rx components are atleast 12" away from anything ignition related
2. seperate the main and sattelite rx's as far away from each other and the rx battery as you can
3. absolutely no metal throttle or choke pushrods, nyrods with ball links only
4. try to keep throttle and choke servos atleast 12" away from ignition components
5. secure rx and sattelites with velcro and a tie wrap if they are allowed to vibrate around you will have problems even if there is foam under them
6. range check as well as #7
7. with the engine not running and the rx/tx on ,turn tx off and then back on and check for rebind
8. nothing less than a 6 volt for rx power and check it between each flight if power drops below 3.7 on a draw you are browned out
a loose connection or a faulty servo can take a fully charged 4.8v below the 3.7v brownout voltage, seen it happen on a sig p-51b with a bad retract servo

Before the sticks and stones start flying I'm admittedly no expert but rather passing along some real world observations I've made
in correcting problems that I have sorted out on some of my stuff ,fortunately for me all of them were on the ground when I discovered them.

A good rule of thumb is to check your stuff over and test it like you were gonna be sitting in it when it leaves the ground
this will as it has with me save you alot of problems that could've been avoided