RCU Forums - View Single Post - KillerVolt
Thread: KillerVolt
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 10:04 PM
HRCules77
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KillerVolt

So far, this has proven to be a very difficult week for this project: many changed have been made out of necessity. Things have broken, parts don't fit, I actually fried my receiver by plugging the batteries in wrong: I mean really, how the heck did I manage that? [sm=what_smile.gif] Nevertheless, progress has continued and I still have all my fingers...so that's good.
I'm still waiting for the motor shaft extender and the pinions. Other than those things, and actually installing the motor, this project is near completion. Of course, now I need a new receiver.

So let's start with the body. As hard as I tried to get the body prepped, it seems there were still smudges on the inside. I was not aware that the color change paint would highlight those things so well. It does. You probably can't see them in the pictures but they're there. Oh well, let's move on.

1. So here's a front shot. Shift baby.
2. Side profile. You can see how the paint really makes the details pop out.
3. You can see the black window trim.

I did try to adhere the prismatic decals on the inside of the windows and headlights however, it proved to be too much of a nuisance so I canned that idea. I may use a chrome paint for the windows but I haven't decided. I may just leave them clear.
I do have a ProLine high down force wing but it's in yellow and really doesn't seem to match well with the body color. I wouldn't exactly call it an eyesore but that's my own opinion; so I mounted the stock Mantis one to see how it would look.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90164.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	1435248   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12383.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	1435249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86738.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	111.4 KB