RCU Forums - View Single Post - TT 53 Redline leaning out
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 01:52 AM
Gavin2407

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TT 53 Redline leaning out

Thanks BarracudaHockey
I guess I'll try running leaner setting to get the governor working. I'm worried about running on the lean side of things as Thunder Tiger warns of the TT 53 Redline not being able to handle any lean runs without destroying the engine. I have done more research about the Ace zero a governor and it seems nobody can get these things to work correctly. Seems the multigov is the way to go for me. What is the engines life span when tuned to peak settings? We fly almost every weekend all year round. I'm not anywhere close to being able to "3D" only what I would term as general buzzing around with the odd loop and fast forward flight, so at this stage not at the point where I have to see every last drop of performance out of my engines. I would like to start with the rolls and stationary flips so I'm about maintaining head speed. I understand from others that rolls and flips can really sap the head rpm if collective management is poor which I believe a good governor will assist me in this regard. Mate of mine flies a Trex 600n and during rolls it bogs down majorly that when he tried to complete 2 consecutive rolls, the heli basically fell halfway through the second one. Lucky for him, he was high up and recovered.
Cheers