RCU Forums - View Single Post - TT 53 Redline leaning out
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 02:34 AM
Gavin2407

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TT 53 Redline leaning out

Hi Barracuda

I,ve set up both my raptor 50's and my buddys Trex 600. I start with Collective pitch 0 deg at mid stick with all links 90 deg. next get equal neg and pos pitch in idel up 1, on the one raptor its +10 / -10, new raptor running +14 / -14 & trex 600 also +12 / -12. I set the cyclic throws sothat there is no binding taking place. I believe the trex and new raptor is running +/-8 deg on the swashplate. once everything is setup machanically I set Normal mode sothat it's -6 / +10 deg, I set linear throttle curve to start off with and adjust at the field to maintain desired rpm on the head. all three heli's will do a full pitch climbout, fast forward flight and loops with no bogging or overspeeding. only in rolls with the trex does the motor bog down abit. doing consecutive rolls bogs down the motor to the point you think it's going to die. whether he is to harsh on the sticks on I did something on setup, I don't know. going to fly soon and will check his stick movements to see what's going on.

Regards
Gavin