RCU Forums - View Single Post - FEJ Lear Jet
Thread: FEJ Lear Jet
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 06:22 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default RE: FEJ Lear Jet

I would love to see a Lear. Have time in a 35A, but mostly flew Hawkers, Westwind II, and B-727's. Doesn't Mark Frankel make a kit? Or are you talking about an ARF? The other problem that I see, is if the guys with the money have one, do they have the talent to fly one? Do they understand that the "T" tail stalls first when slowing down for landing or trying to take off too soon? Or if too slow, the wing will block out the "T" tail, thus having no control? I have seen a guy loose a Lear model on take off, because it would come off in ground effect, but wasn't ready to fly. You will have to make it more forgiving for the average jet pilot or more non-scale wings and tail. You would also have to put in corrective thrust for the loss of an engine or an engine that isn't running at the same spool up time on take off, or there will be a LOT of center line thrust take off problems. I see it as a great novaltiy to have one, but if it isn't forgiving to fly, it will end up in the ground as a flop, due to customers wrecking theirs'.

PS- Would also love to see a B-727. I know there is a kit out of Europe for this too.