RCU Forums - View Single Post - proper nitro engine supercharger?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 05:18 AM
skrilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: proper nitro engine supercharger?

ORIGINAL: bigdogkanicsar

ORIGINAL: skrilla

ORIGINAL: bigdogkanicsar

ORIGINAL: skrilla

superchargers are good for one thing, they look cool.Do they add power? Maybe a little (I say none) if you tune them right, but you're not going to generate much/anyboost when the exhaust port is open as the intake charge comes in.

you'll actually gain more power in going from 20% to 30% fuel than you do with a turd like a supercharger

want more power?use highernitro % or get a better motor

those who actually believe a superchargercauses a decent power increase are the suckers the manufacturers are counting on to stay in business
wow, do you feel better now? i hope you do. i won't disagree with the power increase when changing to a higher nitro content. however, have you ever tried one, or are you hangin' on the word of someone else that new someone who had one that didn't know how to use it. either way ,in my experience most of the people that knock a new product are the ones that have never tried it or the ones that don't know how to use it. if you disagree, by all means disagree but don't start callin' people suckers cuz they might understand something that you don't. that's just ignorant.
I didn't post that to make myself feel better, andplease don't act like you havethefirst clue what I door do not understand.Forgive me for not blowing smoke up your ***,I prefer to say it like it is. Superchargersare not worth the moneyand I know that first hand. Yes, it is my opinion, and I'm sticking to it. They look pretty cool and I can see someonewasting theirmoney on onejust for that reason, but ifyou buy one because you believe the power increase is worth the $150 it costs, then yes, you're a sucker.

If you want a real power increase, one that is worth the money,get agood tuned pipe and/or have your engine modded. You could probably do boththe tuned pipe and engine mod for the cost of the turd, I mean supercharger.

Here's something to think about if the above doesn't sink in. Have you ever seen a supercharger on a vehicle at a big racing event? Hint: answer is NO.I suggest you thinkabout why that is. I would think everyone would be using one if they were worth it.
so, when is the last time you have watched an rc drag? those guys will try anything, and i myself have owned the "TURD" and also KNOW first hand that they do work, but i'm not the only one who has had this experience, i have a couple friends that have owned them and they had great luck with them as well. as far as BIG racing events go, do you mean like roar nationals or sanctioned races. FYI, they don't allow those kind of mods. see, it's obvious to me that you like to talk a bunch of junk, so, this is where this ends. you don't like something ,fine. don't buy it. just don't come up in here tryin' to make people feel stupid when you don't the know the equipment, and if you did have one, it's not my fault you don't know how to tune. i'm done.

here is a couple links just for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtnLCOdVJwc&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r44IJ...1&feature=fvwp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyUA1...eature=related

Yes, you are "done", because the accusation "you don't know how to tune" or "you don't own the equipment" is at the end of every losing argument about nitro engines. Assumption helps make one more comfortable in a debate, but itis not a good way to prove a point, and it just shows your ignorance.

I'm not trying to make you feel stupid, you already are for believing a nitro supercharger is worth the money. I just wanted to post some facts about superchargers so a beginner doesn't come in here and get misled into thinking they're worth it.